Didn T Know I Hit a Parked Car

If you were driving someone elses vehicle and hit a parked car you are required to leave the name and address of the cars owner as well. What are the options.


30 Times Car Owners Had Such A Terrible Day They Went To The Internet For Comfort Bad Day Very Bad Really Funny

What to do if someone hits your parked car and doesnt leave a note.

. First off let me just say I know I fucked up and feel genuinely terrible about it but havent done harm to anyone but myself. A hit and run is a serious offense and if caught could result in fines and even a jail sentence. The other day i was parked at a supermarket and while i was exiting backuping up i hit my brake and it made a weird noise.

Here is what happened. Pay for a garage if you are care about dents and scratches. I was going to the gym and when I parked my car I noticed some scratches on my car.

If you damage a parked vehicle failure to take proper steps to notify the owner and identify yourself could lead to serious consequences including hit and run charges. I dont want to be charged with a hit and run either because I honestly dont know if I hit the car or not. Ned Trifle II Thursday 10 April 2008 2130 thirteen years ago link.

What can I do if I honestly didnt know I hit a parked car and the owner of the other car is not even claiming any damages. Not leaving a note could potentially be a hit and run on a parked car. Up to 20 cash back In relation to whether you have a defence or not the issue is not whether you were aware but whether you should have been aware.

I dont know what to do its not my car and i just found out its a lease. As I looked back in front of me I suddenly saw that the woman in front of me had stopped. I shoulder-checked to change lanes saw the coast was clear and started to turn and go.

I dont think there were cameras there and no one reported so far to my knowledge. You just found out that someone hit your parked car but didnt leave a note. This happened to me more than once and I am guilty of hitting a parked car as well.

I saw the damage to my left fender only when I got home. You are pulling into the parking lot backing into your spot and you misjudge the nose of the vehicle behind you causing you to hit the front bumper. The insurance agency called me saying that I have to take my car in to get it inspected.

I am a very law abiding citizen and never been in a situation like this before. Call Us Toll Free. There was a witness that saw my license plate.

I was backing out of a parking space in a crowded parking area I had heard a noise on my back tirebumper. Problem is I didnt think I hit it. I thought it happened at school and someone ELSE did it not me so I went home freaked out.

I wasnt hitting the gas or anything but I hit the brake too late and my car hit the other parked car. Report the incident According to the Road Traffic Act you need to report an accident to the police within 24 hours. If you hit a parked car in a parking lot or elsewhere heres what to know at the outset.

Hitting a parked car is the same as any other kind of car accident when it comes to key issues like fault and insurance. I hit a parked car panicked didnt leave a note. Should I call the police and.

Answer 1 of 16. Asked on May 01st 2014 on Personal Injury - North Carolina More details to this question. I DIDNT hit someones car once and they still left a note on my car that said Thanks for scratching my car your macho idiot.

So yesterday I accidentally hit someones vehicle. So I was reversing out of a car park at the hospital and was more worried about scraping the front of my car on the concrete pillar next to me and with that forgot there was one behind me tapped. I have a driving permit my car is under my moms insurance and I was being watched by someone across the street.

If the driver of the parked car isnt around and you cant leave your details dial 101 the non-emergency police number and report the incident instead. If you knew that you hit a parked car then you dont really have a defence just because you thought you didnt damage it Im afraid. In fact hitting parked cars happens quite frequently.

The parking spots were in front of a restaurant with large. I stayed there for a little and tried to look at the car without being obvious and I might have seen. Otherwise youll be breaking the law.

Hitting a parked car is not as uncommon as one might think. The anxiety has been eating me up since i happened. Didnt know I hit a car--now Im being charged with a class 4 misdemeanor of hit and run.

I was looking thru my rearview and the car behind me was further so i. The obligation is yours to get out and check and anyway you still should have reported. I was backing up and I didnt know the car was that close.

If you hit a parked car its important to not immediately leave and place your contact information where the vehicles owner will see it. The accident happened April 9th and a cop called me a week after. It really put a dint in my day.

Sadly most people if they can get away with it take off and leave the scene hoping no one saw the accident and it is an accident. I dont know if I actually did hit a car or not but if I did I would like to contact the owner somehow. Accidents in parking lots are common so you should know the role car insurance plays when you hit a parked car or if your parked car is hit by another driver.

So I slammed on my brakes. I am 20 years old and Ive never been in any trouble. I got a call from police that I fled a scene of an accident.

Hit a parked car hello i hit a car the other day while trying to park and didnt leave a note because i freaked out. Now you get out to find that youve not only scratched your bumper but dented the other. Its not a hit and run cause noone was in the car and where i parked i didnt think anyone would be around me and the jerking when i hit the brake is a normal sensation with a big old truck 08-16-2009 1011 AM 8.

Up to 20 cash back I didnt realize that I had hit another car it felt like a bump on the road so I kept driving. Anyway Im a fairly inexperienced driver and bumped up against another car while pulling into a parking spot. I was following behind her on a two-lane road.


Someone Hit My Parked Car What Do I Do Bodyteq


Pin On Car Fun Facts


Motorist Leaves Hilarious Note On Parked Car After Crash Good Notes Funny Note Hilarious

No comments for "Didn T Know I Hit a Parked Car"